Former Union Minister and founding member of the Samajwadi occasion, Beni Prasad Verma handed away on March 27, 2020. He was 79.
The Samajwadi Social gathering tweeted condoling the demise of the senior occasion chief saying that the demise of the chief is an irreparable loss.
Beni Prasad was not conserving nicely for the reason that previous few days, knowledgeable his son Rakesh Verma. He handed away at round 7 pm. He had been admitted to a non-public hospital in Lucknow.
About Beni Prasad
• Beni Prasad was born on February 11, 1941 in Sirauli, in Uttar Pradesh’s Barabanki district.
• He was a founding member of the Samajwadi Social gathering and was thought-about near the occasion head Mulayam Singh Yadav.
• He initially served because the Minister of Public Works Division below the Uttar Pradesh authorities.
• He served because the Impartial Minister of State for Communications between 1996- 1998 below HD Deve Gowda’s authorities.
• He was given the extra cost of the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs.
• He was given the cost of Union Metal Ministry below the Manmohan Singh-led UPA-2 authorities in 2011.
• He had been a member of the Lok Sabha from 1996 to 2014. He was re-elected as a Lok Sabha MP thrice consecutively in 1998, 1999 and 2004 from Kaiserganj seat.
Beni Prasad’s Political Journey: SP to Congress and again
After decades-long affiliation with SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Prasad created his personal political occasion for the 2007 UP elections nevertheless it didn’t register any win.
He formally joined the Indian Nationwide Congress in 2009 and contested the Lok Sabha election from Gonda parliamentary constituency. He misplaced the seat to BJP’s Kirti Vardhan Singh within the 2014 Normal Elections.
He stop the Congress and rejoined the Samajwadi Social gathering in 2016, after which he was elected as a member of the Rajya Sabha.