Submit Workplaces offering primary providers throughout lock down
• The Submit Workplaces are offering primary postal and monetary providers within the wake of the 21-day lockdown introduced by the Union Authorities. This was knowledgeable by the Ministry of Communications on March 27, 2020.
• The postal places of work are giving precedence to supply of important objects.
• The put up places of work are additionally permitting withdrawal and deposit underneath Submit Workplace Financial savings Financial institution and India Submit Funds Financial institution.
• In addition to this, amenities akin to Aadhar Enabled Fee System and ATM facility are additionally out there in put up places of work for withdrawal of cash from any checking account.
Excessive-level committee approves Rs. 5,751 crore value fund for eight states
• A high-level committee, chaired by House Minister Amit Shah has authorised funds value Rs 5,751 crore to eight states for calamity injury aid.
• The extra centre assistanmce has been authorised underneath the Nationwide Catastrophe Response Fund.
• They are going to be given to eight states that had been affected by drought, floods, landslides and cyclones in 2019.
• The states embrace Kerala, Bihar, Nagaland, Odisha, Maharashtr, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Karnataka.
IIT Gandhinagar launches Venture ‘Isaac’
• The Indian Institute of Expertise, Gandhinagar (IITGN) has launched ‘Venture Isaac’ to have interaction college students in artistic tasks in the course of the COVID-19 lockdown.
• The undertaking goals to boost the scholar’s expertise whereas they’re confined of their properties.
• The undertaking is impressed by Sir Isaac Newton, who was equally despatched residence because of the Nice Plague of London in 1665.
• Throughout that yr, Newton had devloped a few of his most important discoveries together with early calculus and his theories of gravity and optics.
India’s GDP development slashed to 2.5 % in 2020
• Moody’s Buyers Service on March 27, 2020 lowered India’s GDP development in 2020 to 2.5 % from the sooner estimate of 5.three %.
• Moody’s stated that the COVID-19 pandemic will trigger unprecedented shock to the worldwide economic system together with the Indian economic system.
• It stated in its International Macro Outlook 2020-21 that India will see a pointy fall in incomes at an estimated 2.5 % development price.